MSc Research Support/Partial Scholarship
The University of Nairobi, Washington State University and the International Livestock Research Institute received a Grant in 2020 from the United States Aid for International Development (USAID) under the Feed the Future (FTF) Animal Health Innovation Lab. The Animal Health Innovation Lab is based at the Department of Clinical Studies, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Nairobi. The area of the MSc research will be the epidemiology and diagnosis of key TBDs (apart from East Coast fever (ECF)) in Narok County. The Research Support/Partial support will only include support for field data collection, laboratory diagnosis, thesis preparation and publication of papers, and a living stipend not exceeding twelve (12) months. The student MUST have successfully completed the first year of their MSc study (coursework) and passed all examinable subjects, and cleared their tuition fee for first and second years. For those on scholarships, letters of sponsorship for two years with evidence of year two support will be mandatory.
Eligible candidates are invited to apply for the following available MSc scholarship.
Position: MSc in Veterinary Medicine
- Candidates must have Veterinary Degree (BVM)
- Candidates must be registered for MSc in Veterinary Medicine, Preventive Medicine or equivalent
- Candidates must have be valid registration for MSc not exceeding one (1) year of study
- Candidates must have passed year one (1) of their MSc study as evidenced by certified university result transcripts
- Candidates must show evidence of registration or application of or internship and/or registration by the Veterinary Regulatory Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above in the East African Community are encouraged to send in their applications.
- One (1) page cover letter highlighting suitability for the advertised position
- Current Curriculum Vitae with contact information of 3 references (their names email address, and phone number)
- Certified copies of Bachelor degree certificates and transcripts, and year one MSc transcripts
by 15th July 2022 to email@example.com
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
There will be no fee charges during the recruitment process.