- UNIVERSITY LIFE
- ABOUT UON
- MEDIA CENTRE
AFRICAN NETWORK OF SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL INSTITUTIONS (ANSTI) POSTGRADUATE FELLOWSHIPS 2012/2013
In support of staff development in ANSTI member institutions, limited number of fellowships are available for postgraduate studies in the 2012/2013 academic session and tenable in ANSTI member institutions.
- Fellowships, which cover fees, subsistence and international travel, are awarded to staff of ANSTI member institutions(see below) for postgraduate studies (M.Sc. or Ph.D)at African universitiesfor staff development.
- Fellowships are awarded to sub-Saharan African nationals for studies outside the applicants' home countries.
- Applicants must hold a good bachelors degree (at least 2nd class upper division) and be not older than 36 yearsold.
- The initial award of the fellowships covers one year. Extension is possible up to two years for Masters courses or more for Ph.D studies upon successful completion of previous year.
- Applicants must obtain the official admission to the host university prior to his/her application for the fellowship. Applicants should apply for the admission to the host university as soon as possible.
- The completed application forms in triplicate (part 1 and part 2)should be accompanied by the following documents:-
(Application Forms are available from our website <http://www.ansti.org>)
- copy of bachelor's degree certificate for Masters course applicant (copy of bachelor's and Master's degree certificates for PhDcourse applicant)
- certified transcripts of university academic performance
- official results of pre-university final exams
- letter of admission to the host university
- letter of recommendation with a remark indicating that the applicant is already a university staff member or isto be employed as staff member after successful completion of the studies.
- two passport size photosand Curriculum Vitae
- for PhD application, detailed research proposal with workplan
The completed fellowship application should reach the ANSTI secretariat by15th June2012.
African Network of Scientific and Technological Institutions (ANSTI)
UNESCO, P.O.Box 30592, Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel: (254-20) 7622620 /7622725, Fax: (254-20) 7622750