- UNIVERSITY LIFE
- ABOUT UON
- MEDIA CENTRE
MUNDUS ACP II SCHOLARSHIPS
MUNDUS ACP II SCHOLARSHIPS
ACADEMIC EXCHANGE BETWEEN EUROPE UNIVERSITIES AND THE ACP COUNTRIES
. Mundus ACP I scholarship and exchange mobility (1st December 2010-31st January 2011)
This MUNDUS ACP I has been deployed.
The MUNDUS ACP project is a partnership of 8 European and 12 ACP Higher Education institutions (HEIs). The project is financed by the European Commission through the Erasmus Mundus Programme, one of the EU’s cooperation programmes with the third world countries in the ACP region in which the University of Nairobi is also a partner in the consortium.
The Consortium Partnership Agreement (CPA) between UoN and Erasmus Mundus Programme was signed on 24th February 2011 and runs up to 14th July 2014.This Project in which the UoN is a member of the Consortium received a total of 5.9 million € for scholarship mobility.
The project promotes partnership between European and third world’s higher education institutions, exchange mobility in higher education levels and also scholarship system that seek to contribute to sustainable development of the third countries’ higher education.
UoN benefited from the 1st mobility flow of MUNDUS ACPI scholarship and exchange mobility (1st December, 2010 to 31st January, 2011) which saw one PhD registered staff proceed to a sandwich programme at the University of Complutense of Madrid in Spain, one Master’s student is currently studying at Malmo University, Sweden and two administrative staff have completed attachment, one at Malmo University, Sweden and the other at University of Porto, Portugal on short term training to acquire specialised skills.
UoN also received twoProfessors from Europe, Prof. Thilo Becker from Technische Universitat Darmstadt, Germany in the School of Engineering and Prof. Miguel Rui Martins from University of Porto, Portugal in the School of Dental Sciences who were involved in teaching and exchange of scholarly ideas for one month.
Mundus ACP II scholarship and exchange mobility
The 2nd round of MUNDUS ACP II scholarship and exchange mobility is currently underway.
The current MUNDUS ACP II scholarship and exchange mobility is aimed at those nationals of the ACP countries who are eligible to undertake a full Masters degree (24 months) at the partner European institutions or a mobility period as a PhD student (10 masters) or academic/administrative staff mobility for 1 month. Prospective candidates are required to apply online in the project website: (http://mundusacp2.up.pt).
For application one should not have resided or carried out their main activity (wok, study, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries and not have benefited in the past from the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for the same type of mobility. Prospective applicants are also required to visit the website for various EU Universities to note the various academic offers available.
Erasmus Mundus II scholarship opportunities for UON
- 6 Masters Students from UON to study in 8 European Universities (1,000 € stipend per month)
- 4 PhD registered students at UON on a sandwich programme for 10 months (1,500 € stipend per Month)
- 2 Academic/administrative staff for 1 month on short term training in various skills (2,500.00 € stipend per month).
The MUNDUS ACP II scholarship covers tuition fees, stipend, travel expenses to and from the selected country and insurance costs (travel, health, accident)
EU institutions eligible for UON applicants
- Katholieke University- (Leuven Belgium)
- Malmo University- (Sweden)
- Dresden Technical University (DTU) –Dresden, Germany
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid- (Madrid, Spain)
- Universidade do Porto-(Porto, Portugal)
- Universita degli studi di Roma ‘La Sapienza’- (Rome, Italy)
- Universite de Liege-(Belgium)
- Universite’ de Lille-(France)
Fields of study
- Agricultural sciences
- Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning
- Art and Design
- Business studies, Management Science
- Education, Teacher training
- Engineering, Technology
- Geography, Geology
- Languages and Philological sciences
- Mathematics, Informatics
- Medical Sciences
- Natural sciences
- Social sciences
- Communication and Information sciences
- Other areas of study
- Identity and passport
- Transcript of records(an official document, issued by the candidates home institution)
- Statement of support from the applicant’s home institution
- Certificate of Language skills (when required by host institution)
- Statement certifying the condition of target group individual(if applicable)
- Call for aplication-15th October, 2011 visit (http://mundusacp2.up.pt/)
- Deadline for application (Doctorate-mobility, Academic and Administrative staff, Full Master) - 31st January, 2012
NB: Additional details can be obtained from CIPL by contacting Miss. Sylvia S. Obulinji