The Nairobi Clinical Epidemiology Homepage
WHO WE ARE
We are a group of Medical and Health related specialists brought together by the common need of creating a pool of experts in health research development. Our multidisciplinary nature enables us to provide a wide range of quality services in health research, Training, Study Design, Data Collection, Data Analysis and Translation of Research findings into health action through policy change and practice
The mission of the Nairobi CEU is:
- to improve the health of the population
- through generation and use of high quality research.
- To promote and facilitate high quality health and medical education research within the Faculty of Medicine initially and ultimately the whole country.
- To seek and facilitate adequate funding for good quality, priority health research within the College of Health Sciences.
- To influence medical education so as to have an appropriate focus on relevant issues in relation to the prevailing economic situation.
- To initiate and promote training in use of quality evidence for the improvement of health care in Kenya.
- To promote research collaboration within and outside the University of Nairobi.
- To promote translation of Research to Action through advocacy and sensitization of policy makers, health workers, and the community, on the importance of research in improving health care and development in general.