- UNIVERSITY LIFE
- ABOUT UON
- MEDIA CENTRE
The vision of the University of Nairobi Alumni association is to take a leading role in the promotion of active and visible leadership in the community by fostering interaction among the Alumni, in the student community, families, friends and industry
Our mission is to safeguard the best interests of the tmembers and to use their talents and resources in support of the University's quest to achieving international distinction in iquality teaching, research and community service.
We are driven by the values of courtesy, honesty, integrity, professionalism
The Association which is non political shall have the following objectives:
- To develop alumni programmes that promote effective networks amongst its members.
- To promote the academic, physical, moral and spiritual growth of the members of the University.
- To assist the University in the growth and advancement of its socio-cultural and co-curricular activities.
- To authorize, promote and assist in the formation of local and international chapters.
- To enhance the involvement of the University in Community Service.
- To make recommendations of those who can play leadership roles at the University.
- To initiate, organize and coordinate fundraising activities for the University.
To assist the University to initiate, organize and sustain programmes such as; -
- The Outstanding Achievement Award.
- The Distinguished Service Award (alumni who has contributed most to the Community/ country)
- The Distinguished service Senior Alumnus Award (Alumni over 40 years of age Who have remarkable great achievements.)
- The Distinguished service Youth Alumnus Award (Alumni under the age of 40 Years who have great achievements).
- To act as a stimulating body in promoting the development of the Association, advancing the interests and promoting the welfare of its members.
- To liaise with Alumni Associations of other Institutions of Higher Learning both locally and internationally.
- To project a positive image of the University
For more information, visit the University of Nairobi Alumni Website