- With University of Leipzig (Germany) focusing on small enterprise promotion and training and involving exchange of students and staff, curriculum development, and teaching.
Funding is from German Academic Exchange (DAAD). MoU signed 2004.We should ask Leipzig to allow us to establish a link to their website.
- With Mzumbe University (Tanzania), Addis Ababa University (Ethiopia), and University of Cape Town (South Africa), to form the African Clothing and Footwear Research Network, which is funded by the Government of Netherlands and the British Council. Project began in 2001.
The purpose of the Network is to generate and disseminate information about the clothing and footwear industries in Africa that will be useful for industry, policy, and academic purposes.
- With Central Bureau of Statistics, the Department for International Development, and the Chronic Poverty Research Centre (UK) for the establishment of the Chronic Poverty Research Centre, Kenya (CPRC-K). CPRC-K began in October 2005 with funding from DFID.
The overall objective of the collaboration is to contribute to the elimination of chronic poverty in Kenya through systematic and policy-oriented research, capacity building, and dissemination and communication.
- With SNV Netherlands Development Organisation, Kenya, with a main objective of blending development theories with practice in order to enhance the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the capacity strengthening services and curriculum provided by IDS and SNV.
The particular geographic focus of the collaboration is semi-arids districts of Kenya including Kajiado, Narok, Turkana, Keiyo, Marakwet, Baringo, West Pokot, Trans Nzoia, Loibatek, Laikipia, Samburu, Isiolo, Marsabit, and Moyale. MoU signed in 2006.
- With Trocaire, East African Regional Office, on the production of an academic journal, The Eastern Africa Journal of Development Studies.
DOWNLOADS & ARCHIVES